Monday, April 16, 2007

Gettin' Old....Who CARES?

I spotted some wrinkles on my forehead and between my eyes last week. I suppose I don't really pay much attention when it comes to detecting "aging" on my face. Immediately my brain shifted into "what cream now!?" mode. The more I thought about it, the more I smelled bullpoop. I am definitely not one to buy into the creams and masks, etc. I don't even like facials so much. They just make me break out and look like crap. I can pick my own zits just as well. This is why I am proud to present this article on cosmetics called A FRESH FACE OR JUST A WASTE, by Tom Glaister.
"You have to think of cosmetics as decorative and hygienic, not as things that are going to change your skin. A $200 cream may have better perfume or packaging, but as far as it moisturizing your skin better than a $10 cream, it probably won't."
That is exactly what I suspected. Tom also covers the sad state of affairs of an unregulated cosmetic industry in the U.S. and the reality of animal testing.

No comments: