Sunday, January 7, 2007

Doing Coke at the Movies


I have some serious pet peeves about going to the movie theater these days. First of all, I always pay the extra buck twenty five to buy my ticket on Fandango so I don't have to wait in line and stress out about getting a seat inside the theater. Today I walked up to the ticket stand and some old man is behind me, basically riding me piggy back because he has his ticket out and he is READY to go in. I had the nads to tell the ticket taker that "someone is in a reeeeeal hurry" loud enough so the rush hour grey could hear. Once I found an appropriate seat, I sit with no choice but to be tortured by 10 minutes of horrible previews. There is a new ad from your "oh so caring" friends at Coke, a scary animated piece about some scary dude who is actually a nice dude who goes around "spreading the love." I wanted to spread my lunch all over the seats in front of me, because I seriously think people fall for this shit. Next, a woman sat next to me and I could hear her wheezing stuffy nose breathing throughout the entire movie. I felt bad for getting annoyed, I wanted to be compassionate. I must say, The Painted Veil was a good movie, at least, but the last complaint I have is that of the lack of vegan popcorn and snacks in general at the movies. Oh, that is another thing, the munching of popcorn........so darn loud and repetitive.
Here is a list of some popular candies that just happen to be vegan, if you are at the theater and insist on animal-free snacks.
Jolly Ranchers (lollipops and hard candy), Jujubees, Jujyfruits, Lemonheads, Mambas, Smarties (U.S. Brand), Sour Patch Kids, Starburst (jelly beans and hard candy), Sweet Tarts & Twizzlers, Hot Tamales, Mike and Ikes, Blow Pops, Laffy Taffy, Now and Laters, Cracker Jacks.
OR,
Bring your own:
Microwave popcorn (hold the butter, please), Foney Baloney, Tofurky Jerky, Veggie Bootie
Fruit leather, Pretzels, Clif Bars, Hydrox cookies or Newman-O’s.

No comments: