Saturday, November 17, 2007

Absurdity at its finest



I don't know if you have seen the commercial for this incredibly wasteful and odd new product ironically called "One's" (I think TWO'S would be more appropriate considering they are prunes) but there is one spectacularly ridiculous quote by a "hip teen" which is: OH, THAT IS SOOOOO COOOL!

I am not quite sure that ANYONE would call an individually wrapped laxative snack SO COOL. The commercial features a representative passing out samples and of course getting nothing but extraordinary reviews.

As with many products on the market these days, I wonder where this idea came from. Who, in the right mind during this time of eco-awareness, decided to create more waste than the prunes do in the toilet by wrapping each one individually in plastic? I am sure whoever it was is going to be wondering where their job went in a couple months.

No comments: